September 1, 2017
Urso Clothing Company Inc. (here after referred to as UCCI) privacy principles, and privacy responsibilities:
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is a category of sensitive information that is associated with an individual person or customer. PII will be accessed only on a strict need-to-know basis and handled and stored with care.
- PII is information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information that is “de-identified” (maintained in a way that does not allow association with a specific person) is not considered sensitive.
- Company policies, contractual obligations, and federal and state laws and regulations require appropriate protection of PII that is not publicly available. These regulations apply to PII stored or transmitted via any type of media: electronic, paper, microfiche, and even verbal communication.
- PII does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
All UCCI and its employees ensure that the personal information of their customers must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully
- Be processed for specified lawful purposes
- Not be kept for any longer than is necessary
- Be kept secure
- Not be transferred outside the Company without adequate protection
UCCI and its employees must adhere to the following guidelines:
- UCCI will provide limitations on the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Notice – UCCI will provide timely and appropriate notice to individuals about its data collection practices.
- Consent – UCCI will collect, use, disclose and transfer personal information only with the individual’s consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, the individual’s reasonable expectations and legal requirements.
- Purpose limitation – UCCI will collect personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information UCCI collects will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected.
- Transfers to third parties - UCCI will take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personal information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within UCCI
- Quality - UCCI will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date.
- Access - UCCI will maintain procedures to give individuals reasonable access to their personal information and, when appropriate, the ability to correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Security - UCCI will take commercially reasonable measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Retention - UCCI will not keep personal information for longer than necessary or permitted by law.
- Accountability -UCCI will designate individuals within the company to be accountable for compliance with laws and related UCCI policies.